Friday, July 23, 2010

my fashion icons

A lot of people ask me who are my fashion icons. So I have compiled yet another list. :) (And no my list does not include Lady Gaga, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Rihanna)

As you all know my absolute favorite fashionista is the fictional character Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girls. The show is iconic to contemporary fashion. Go into Bendel's and they have an entire wall of headbands that surely customers buy to imitate Blair Waldorf's signature accessory (bow always on the right side). Another piece of fashion that impacted viewer's was Chuck's 's signature patchwork polka dot silk scarf made by J. Press. This men's store of 106 years has sold this scarf for $175 and has been around for a few seasons. According to a J. Press spokesman, "It's made from the silk remnants created during our tie making. No one really paid much attention to them and they weren't really selling until it was featured in Gossip Girl". These silk scarves were sold out for a year after airing on the show!
gossip girls show
Enough of my Gossip Girl spiel, I'll go right into my fashion icon list. (Minus Blair Waldorf because there's already a whole blog dedicated to her fashion)

1. Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice)
I Love Victoria Beckham's slim, structured 1940s influenced dress. She has earned a reputation of being glamorous, trendsetting style icon. She always dresses so simple yet looks so posh. She always looks so chic and sophisticated. And no one can pull of black the way she does.
2. Jennifer Aniston (actress)
No one can pull of casual chic like her. Even when she's wearing jeans, white top, and a simple black blazer- no one can make a simple outfit look so expensive and put together. She simply reminds me of the J.Crew lifestyle. Even her famous "Rachel Hair" exemplifies her as a fashion icon, since thousands of viewers got their hair cut to look similar to hers.

3. Reese Witherspoon (actress)
Reese Witherspoon is another style icon I adore. She has this laid back persona with a girly twist. Her style is effortless and also simple. She also is always sporting very cute cardigans.

3. Michelle Obama (First Lady)
The first lady, is the next Jackie O. She wears bold colors, tailored dresses, and bright floral prints. She is politics meets fashion.She can pull off dresses, skirts, or pants.

5. Bethenny Frankel (Real Housewives NYC/Bethenny Getting Married)
I absolutely hate the color red, but Bethenny Frankel pulls it off so well. Either when she's wearing it as her lip color or to plain red dresses. In her reality series I feel that she is always fashionable from her pjs, to work out clothes, to when she dresses up. I also believe she had the most elegant wedding dress out of all celebrity brides. She knows how to play with textures when she dresses up.

6. Lauren Conrad (from the Hills)
Lauren Conrad is the fresh face for young adults and teenagers. She is an iconic fashion figure wearing age appropriate clothing. She brought the cali lifestyle and clothing style globally. I believe a lot of girls started to wear the side braids because of her. I feel that she is always put together and absolutely loved her wardrobe from Laguna Beach to the Hills.

7. Kim Kardashian (in Keeping up with the Kardashians)
I feel like Kim Kardashian should fire her stylist because when you watch her on Keeping up with the Kardashians she has style! She always look so chic, but once you see her on the red carpet she always wears clothes that are not form fitting for her. I definitely like her laid back style more.

8. Nicole Richie
Her signature Boho style has made thousands of girls adapt to that style. (The boho headbands, floor length dresses). I feel her casual style is what MK/Ashley, Vanessa H, and Misha Barton try to emulate. She really knows how to play with layers as well ,with her signature scarves.

And that's my list... yup, all these women dress similar, but their choice in clothes seem so effortless yet so chic and fashionable.