Monday, April 12, 2010

you know you love me xoxo

Gossip Girl is my absolute favorite show! I absolutely love all the clothes that are on the show! Costume Designer Eric Damon is very well known and just published a book with Leighton Meester about the clothes behind Gossip Girl. When I went on the GG tour in NYC with Abbey, I learned how each character's wardrobe is based off of a theme/look. For example, Nate wears a lot of blues because he has the nautical theme (why his dad is named the Captain) while Serena is a bohemian look (why she wears a lot of long flowy dresses with her long blond wavy hair) while Blair is supposed to be a modern Audrey Hepburn (always wearing her ruby red heart ring) and all the chic tailored clothes. So I decided to list some of my favorite outfits...
Here, Jenny is wearing a Knit Combo Coat by Loeffler Randall. Sweater 3.1 Phillip Lim Plaid Cardigan, shoes Bruno Frisoni Ankle Boots, and Bag: Yves Saint Laurent Roady Covered Chain Handbag
Why I Like it? The mixing of the blues and grays yet looking casual but chic.
Double Breasted Embroidered Collar Car Coat by Adam Lippes, Leggings: Topshop Denim Look Leggings.
Why I love it? I love double breasted coats and the embroidery is so very well made. yet doesn't look like one of the tacky ones from Forever 21. I love leggings and the fact that these really look like jeans and not the cheap denim ones
.
Vanessa with a Michael Kors bag, Top by Nanete Lepore, Shorts by Tibi Navajo Shorts
I love everything about this wardrobe. From all the accessories, shoes, to the shirt and shorts.The jewelry really complements the top, without looking like there's too much going on. Normally I wouldn't like the shorts but the cohesiveness of this outfit makes me like them.

I love Blair's Pelican Wedge Sadle Rubber Boots in this picture!!! And her winter coat is soo cute yet can also keep you warm during the winter. So i feel as though this outfit is practical for the winter yet looks chic.
I wish i had a better picture of this outfit, because this was the outfit i feel in love with blair with! I love the tailored coat with the red headband to her hair that looks so good! Her stockings are these opaque white with detailing on them. This outfit looks like a feminine schoolboy outfit, but SHE PULLS IT OFF SOO GOOD!!

This is when Jenny was still little J, but her Fred Bare's Shirley Baret is sooo adorable, along with her bluish/greyish pea coat.
.
It's so hard to pull off white dresses, but Blair looks gorgeous in this dress!! Of course I love the head band, but the symmetry of this dress is stunning. And this whole wardrobe is many of my absolute fave designers too! Joelle Dress by Marc by Marc Jacbos. Bag: Salvatore Ferragamo Satin Evening Clutch, Shoes: Chloe, Headband: Jennifer BehrZ
Zara Blousse, Skirt by Cyntia Steffe, Shoes: Cole Haan Air Ricki Sandal, Scarf by Coach, bag by Gianfranco Ferre. This outfit is soooo well put together. From the flowyness of the top to the form fitting skirt. The Accessories match perfectly as well. Now how many people do you know can pull this look off?
Sophia Loren dress by Diane Von Furtsenberg. Sweater: Lelfsdottir Faux Peral Pointelle Cardigan. Bag: Chanel Flap Bag. Blair is wearing so many colors but they all tie in together and her outfit looks great as a whole.

Phillilp Lim Go Green Go's Multi-Flap Pocket Coat (Pebble Grey). Carlos Falschi Brooke Matte Calman Tote, and DKNY Mod Plaid Tights. Serena's coat makes the winter seem more feminine and less dark. (Since most people wear darks and blacks during winter). It makes winter seem more delightful and soft.
I LOVE Serena's coat!! I love the contrast of the colors from the black leggings. The tall boots also add to the soft touch. This seems like a chic but simple outfit that one could wear during the transition of fall to winter. The bag also has such detail that makes this look sophisticated.

All pictures are from www.celebritystyleguide.com