Monday, August 16, 2010

the clothes that define me


A few people wanted a sneak peak into my closet. I didn't take pix of my closet(s) but I decided to choose some memorable pieces and favorite clothes I love to wear. So here are the clothes that define me: (PS- i took pix of my clothes ontop of my bed so please excuse my hot pink bed sheet. Yeah unprofessional, I know.)



Here are my favorite accessories: (Tried to number them- sry you may or may not have to squint)
1. My Marc Jacob studs. They have a black face and it says Marc Jacobs in silver. Bought these from Bloomies after I accidentally vacuumed my Tiffany silver studs.whoops!
2. My Pi Beta Phi lavalier- given to me by our VP Membership for graduation.
3. My cocktail ring my aunt bought me from Saks. It's pink stone with tiny stones around it.
4. My Dior earrings. They have a cut out heart and Dior is engraved.
5. My pearl and diamond earrings given to me by my grandmother.
6. My ribbon shaped diamond earrings also given to me by my grandmother for my 18th birthday.
7. My Movado watch. I like this watch because it's very plain; However, it's too plain because I barely can read the time since there are no numbers.
8. My bracelet my mom bought me from the Vatican that was blessed by the pope. It's my good luck charm.

Every one knows I absolutely love headbands so here are some of my favorites. Top left is my pink bow headbands with rhinestones from forever 21. I wear this when I have to dress up during the day, so I wore this at the Pi Phi Founder's Day. To the right of that headband is my Lacoste headband I bought online for $12 when it was on sale. This headband is so versatile! I can wear it with sweats for a relax look or dress it up. I also love my black bow headband which reminds me of Blair Waldorf of course! Then there's my swarovski crystal headband which is worn across your forehead like the Boho style, but with my shaped head I cannot pull it off so I wear it like a regular headband but the stones are on the larger side so it's tough to pull it off so I have to wear it with a VERY plain outfit with minimal jewelry so I don't look too gaudy. Lastly is my Burberry headband I bought from the Outlets in Orlando Florida.


Everyone should invest in blazers! The white one is from Lily Pulizter. It has such great cuts and fits very nicely! The gold buttons also accents the blazer. Next to it is my New York and Company boyfriend blazer. I love wearing this with dresses or jeans to have a more laid back look.




This dress is from BCBG. I have worn this dress to basically everything in high school. I got my prom dress made and it was just a disaster so I wore this dress again. I absolute love the color scheme of the sequence and the addition of the plum velour bow. It had enough toulle but not too much so it did have some shape but not too bulky.




This D&G skirt actually has a funny story behind it. I saw this skirt at Bloomies on Long Island sophomore year of high school and I absolutely loved it! I wanted it so badly and found it on the sale rack. It had a barely in tact tag that read it was $100 and by accident (I swear!) I ripped the price tag off. So my mom and aunt took it to the register and asked how much it was and it was the only one left. So she gave it to me for $50! I really lucked out because it was also my size.



This year, I used this Burberry tote as my bag around campus. It can comfortably fit 2 notebooks. And since it's nylon and black it never gets dirty. I got it on sale at Bloomies for $170, it's the largest of the nylon bag family and is originally $275. It comes in soooo many colors! It comes in baby pink. baby blue, maroon, grey, and the Burberry stripes (grey scheme, pink scheme, and regular) They also have the side drawstring bag. I love this bag and highly suggest investing in it!


I love wearing scarves! They are best accessories (after headbands of course!) Put one on with tee and jeans or a plain dress and you'll love so fabulous. I love my se
quence scarf from H&M because it really dresses up an outfit. I wear this scarf with a black outfit. And I love my Pashmina scarf because I love the design and how soft it is!





I couldn't find my Coach bag I got when I was in 4th grade, so I decided to post my 2nd designer bag I've ever had. This baby blue Prada bag was bought when me, my mom, aunts, and grandma went to Las Vegas when I was in middle school and bought it in the Prada store in Ceasar's Palace. Yup I was a fashionista at a young age.







Fedoras are in now...
and they were in last summer as well. They're a fun and flirty way to keep cool during the summer. I'd pair these with a cute sundress or even with a tee and jeans. It's an easy way to avoid bad hair days. Throw on a fedora when you don't have time to straighten your hair and it's slightly wavy.


I wear these way to frequently this year! To the left is my long shirt from Saks Fifth Ave. It's the Saks brand and it a gray loose long shirt with pearls and silver thread beading top. I wear this shirt with black leggings and a black cardigan ALOT. To the right is my Four Stars empire waist dress which I wore to every event that was business casual at UConn. I would dress this up with a chunky necklace, cardigan, or pearls. It's basically my blank canvas for style, which I build upon with accessories. This dress can be worn with flats, pumps, or a low heel.

These are all the Pi Phi shirts I have designed for CT Alpha. From the philanthropy jerseys worn by the chapter when they participate in other chapter's philanthropy events. To the 2010 senior vneck shirts which have the quote from Kanye's song "I got sen1ority from my sorority to that explains why I love college". To our philanthropy shirt for Arrowspike. Rush zip ups saying PEACE LOVE AND PI PHI. To Fall 08 and Spring 2010 Bid Day shirts, which came in 2 different colors. For Fall 08 Sisters had baby pink, and New Members got baby blue. For Spring 2010, sisters got magenta, and NMs got what was supposed to be THIS SHADE OF PURPLE instead got THIS SHADE. Ask Mollie, Abbey, and Carleton I cried my eyes out and broke down and may or may not have flipped out at the company I ordered them from because the gold didn't pop out in comparison to the sister shirts. Because the proof showed purple. But they claim that purple to their company is a lilac.

This is my vintage Chanel Bag (YES IT IS REAL) given to me by my aunt who bought it in the 80s. It has double pockets (thats why I photographed it open) and has the Chanel CC on the top. It has a long chain but not long enough to be a cross body. It's leather is still in great condition even though its a 30 year old bag.



It was hard to limit my favorite shoes but these are the 3 I find myself wearing a lot.
The one in the background is my studded boot I got online from DSW. I love to wear it with jeans and black top- it's my edgy look. In the middle are my rubber flats from BCBG, which I loved them so much I bought them in grey and in black (the buttons are in gold). I LOVE LOVE rubber flats because they are super comfy and feet don't get sweaty in them. And lastly, is my Chinese Laundry heel that has the hidden platform making them super comfy yet super tall! Every girl should have caged heels like these!


I am obsessed with perfumes so I don't really have a signature scent. So From left to right here are the perfumes I interchange. Dolce and Gabanna "Light Blue"(my high school frosh year scent), D&G "#3 L'Impertance" (MY FAVE!), Burberry "london" (my high school sophomore scent), and Burberry "Brit", Lolita Lempricka (frosh year of college scent), Marc Jacobs "Lola", Betsey Johnson, Salvatore Feragamo "Charms" (lots of girls love this one!), Versace "Crystal", Marc Jacobs "Daisy" (Have gone through bottles of this one!), Vera Wang "Princess"

I have wanted these Tory Burch flats for years. So when I finally got them for graduation from my mom I died. These are the best flats they are comfy and so chic and simple.









These are my favorite fall coats. The left is from Italy when my mom and I toured Europe. We bought it from Florence from this leather store Peruzzi. I love the two tone brown leather which you don't find here in America. To the right is my fall/rain coat from Miss Sixty which I bought in Burlington Coat factory for a bargain price.


These are my 3 favorite pairs of jeans!
The black pair are from gap. They are skinny stretchy jeans that pull of a jegging look yet are soo comfy they stretch with your body so they fit perfectly, but don't look skanky tight. The middle pair are my dirty wash seven jeans that are also straight leg but somewhat loose making it a relax fit. Lastly are my D&G straight dark wash jeans. I like these jeans because they elongate my legs.




I BARELY wear sneakers now a days. But when I do have to wear them I obviously have to wear different shoes. Yeah I have my shocks but so does 75% of the female population. So i love rocking these Lacoste shoes that remind me of uptowns. Year later I got these pink and gold uptowns from the Nike Outlet for like $40! My mom finds them hilarious but I believe these colors are perfect with my outgoing personality. They truly stand out when I wear them around campus.

If you are going to college in the New England area. I highly suggest you invest in a PARKA- because the cold in the New England area is different. It's a dry bitch slap across your face cold. So I got these Calvin Klein Down long coat that goes to my knees. I pair them up with my Lacoste earmuffs (bought online on sale for $10!). I pair this up with my MK black gloves (not photographed)



To me I can have tons of designer bags but this one means the most to me. It was given to me as a Christmas present by my grandmother that passed away when I was a sophomore in high school. She was so excited to give it to me. It's a Liz Claiborne bag. She showed it off because it's functionality and told me how lovely it would look on me. She bought this bag because of it's numerous pockets not the brand. Years have passed and this bag still humbles me, because it's not about the price or the designer; but it's the story behind a gift, a piece of clothing/accessory. A memory of a person or period of time .

I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my wardrobe, the clothes that define me. It's a mix of everything. From designer clothes to clothes found in H&M and discount stores like Burlington Coat factory and outlet stores. It's not about the labels, but your styling that makes you fashionable. I feel as fashionable in my gap jeans I bought for $30 to my D&G jeans. To me, my clothes tell a story-about people who have given them to me like my bag from my grandmother to silly times with my mom and aunt buying my D&G skirt... To my BCBG dress I wore to almost every dance my senior year of high school. To all the great memorable times in Pi Phi each shirt represents. What stories do your clothes tell?

XoXo
Kar