Tuesday, August 24, 2010

confessions of an unemployed sorority alumn

Today was a roller coaster for me. A few days ago I applied for a Harper's Bazaar internship as a Fashion Credit's intern working under Fashion & Retail Credits Editor Lauren B. The next day I got a response from Lauren and she asked me my availability and if I can receive academic credit. I was so surprised to get such a quick response. However, due to my alumni status at UConn I told her I am not legible for receiving academic credit and I hope that did not affect the position. Today I got an email saying that they only hire those who receive academic credit. She was super nice about it saying she would have liked to work with me. Not only is this devastating news to me because i ADORE Harper's Bazaar fashion spreads. But it's frustrating to know I couldn't get it just because I cant receive academic credit. So that was the downhill of my day. But I know there's another opportunity for me out there... But the exciting part of my day was....

MY DAD GOT NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY! For best engineer (sound engineer). no joke.

I know this post is not like my others. But I decided to write something more personal rather than Fashion How-To posts and to show my fashion credibility that I'm not just this sorority Tiffany wearing girl.

So, good night from a soon to be Downtown girl with an Uptown Girl look (once I'm employed).
-Fashionably yours,
Karen