Friday, September 10, 2010

You know you love me...

Sorry fashionistas, I haven't blogged in a while. I had a phone interview with a magazine. (Won't state the name because I sent them this blog and they could be reading this). So how did it go? HORRENDOUS. First I was contacted at 11am for a phone interview at 2pm. It was fine that I was asked last minute so I happily obliged. 2pm rolled around, 3... 4pm... 6pm. Then I thought maybe I should email to see what's going wrong. So I professionally and respectfully emailed the company asking if they received my confirmation email about our phone interview at 2pm and if they would like to reschedule to just contact me. Literally 2 minutes later I get an email saying that they were at an event that ran longer than expected. Ha! AKA you forgot about my interview. I told them it was okay and that I didn't want to be a burden and that we could reschedule. Long story short- I had my phone interview at 6:47. First question? ACADEMIC CREDIT. great another opportunity out the window. The interviewer was obviously not interested in me after I politely explained my alumni status that was also stated in my cover letter along with resume. It just went downhill from there. Clearly my resume and cover letter exudes FASHION. So I have no idea why you contacted me to be your BEAUTY intern. So _____________ magazine, I wish you luck in finding an BEAUTY intern- a position I did not apply for.

Other than that... Have you all noticed that Anna Wintour's new muse is Blake Lively? Not only has she scored TWO covers for Vogue. She has been spotted next to Anna at FNO's Fashion week show AND the opening dinner for Karl Lagerfield's new Chanel boutique opening in Soho. Apparently Blake told Anna she loved Chanel and Anna promised to take her to his shows along with LV. Ahh the perks of being Anna Wintour's favorite.

Is that a smile we see Anna?Anna Wintour Chanel Fall/Winter 2010-11 fashion show during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week held at the Grand Palais.
LOVEL LOVE LOVERR the Louboutin's Blake!!
How fab and trendy is the Window for Chanel behind Blake? It's soo SOHO.

AND.... TODAY IS FASHION NIGHT OUT!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED TO GO!!
Where are you going today? Lanvin to see Brad (Rach Zoe's assistant?) Or Bloomies to meet Michael Kors or Mr. Jay from ANTM? Or Kenneth Cole to enjoy cocktails with the designer? Or Marc Jacobs down in Soho to see the most phenomenal American designer? He's been tweeting that he's nervous no one will show up! I'll keep you updated! I'll upload all the pictures

Fashionably yours,
Karen xoxo