Monday, September 13, 2010

greetings from UConn

Hello fashionistas,
I have yet to upload my FNO pictures and tell my unforgettable stories, but I am up at UConn for Abbey's birthday. So I decided to blog about recent Fashion news and promise to upload/share my stores in my next post. Second, I would like to give a shout out to a wonderfully dressed friend of mine- Abby Smith. When I saw her yesterday at Pi Phi's philanthropy event Arrow Spike to raise money for literacy, she gushed how she loves this blog. So snaps to my dear friend Abby who exudes the chic, edgy, preppy styles of J.Crew.

So who has RSVPd to watch Marc Jacob Fall/Winter 2010 Show? Since Marc Jacobs is a firm believer of Fashion for all, he is streaming his runway shows (Marc by Marc Jacobs along with Marc Jacobs) live from NY infirmary. He also showcased his fall show at FNO at Saks (but i'll def blog about that next time once I download the pictures). So the shows will be showing tonight at8pm and tomorrow at 4pm. just check outmarcjacobs.com

Lady Gaga
Really random, but did anyone notice Lady Gaga say thanks to Alexander McQueen at the VMAs for her dress and shoes? UMM... the great McQueen passed away last winter. However, Lady Gaga did wear a dress from his last collection, so she had a great honor. She also wore his famous armadillo shoes. To top off her outfit she donned a Phillip Tracey Hat- for all you Project Runway fans, he's the hat designer from the episode where they had to design dresses catered to his hats.

Happy NY Fashion Week!! Designers to be shown today: Carolina Herrera, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan.

Runway Spotlight of the day: Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2011 Collection
Check it out: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/style/fashionweek/runway.html#spring_2011_von_furstenberg_diane

DVF truly knows how to playfully and creatively play with different prints. And of course she has many of her known wrap dresses. The colors she chose are so bold and perfect for spring! Happy viewing!

Don't forget to watch Marc Jacobs tonight everyone! AND...

Ah oui, c'est la...
GOSSIP GIRL SEASON 4 PREMIER TONIGHT!!


Fashionably yours,
Karen